Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Girls Getaway!

For my birthday last year Dave got me a weekend at the spa in New Mexico (a 4hr drive from here).  It was for 2 people, so I asked Tasha to come along with me.  Then I convinced my mom and Lauren to also come along.  I mean, after last summer going away together, we've decided it HAS to become an annual tradition.  What a better time than a long weekend away at a spa, relaxing in New Mexico???
My mom flew to Amarillo, then she and I drove to Albuquerque to pick up Tasha and Lauren at the airport. We decided to stay in the square in Santa Fe the first night so that we could do some shopping before we started relaxing.  But before we could do anything, we had to go to Walter White's house.  Here's the thing, there are signs all over the yard to stay off the property.  I get it.  We parked across the street-- you know (for you Breaking Bad watchers), there's a road that T's at Walter's house.  Lauren and I got out to take a picture, then all of a sudden, the garage door started opening! The homeowner parked herself in her garage, not about to leave anytime soon.  It was apparent that she was not a fan of people taking pics.

After that, we mozied our way to Santa Fe to our hotel. It was a nice hotel....except that they only gave us 1 bed. After quite an ordeal, we finally ended up in a room that we actually fit in. So, to start the trip off right, we hit the hotel bar:

We were told La Fonda had amazing breakfast, so we hit that brunch on Friday.  They weren't kidding.  That place was AMAZING.

Shopping on the square in Santa Fe.  We all found some great stuff.

Checked in at Ojos Caliente Mineral Springs Resort.  NOW it was time to start relaxing!

The resort had these amazing hammocks all over the place.  They were absolutely heavenly.

They had a mud pool.  You didn't have to ask us twice!




Yummy dinner at the hotel restaurant:


Saturday morning we went hiking.  There were some great trails right there at our resort.  It was so nice to get out in the quite, enjoying nature, and really just spending time chatting with each other.


Lauren had shirts made for all of us with our hashtag #Santayay and on the back: "Girls Trip 2015"

More mud:

We pretty much lived in these robes for 3 days.  And we've decided that we can't go anywhere that doesn't include robes.  

Tasha relaxes in the hammock with a glass of wine.  Does it get any better than this?

Mom and I shared a hammock, but we each had our own glass of wine.

 Despite how it looks, we did NOT just get of the shower or pool.  At our spa treatment, we had hot oil hair treatment.  If you've never experienced this, you need to.  It was amazing!


After we left the spa, we drove back to ABQ to drop Tasha and Lauren off at the airport before coming back to Amarillo. But before we did, we stopped off at the Breaking Bad carwash.

I love these ladies so so much, and I am so blessed to call them family. We had such a wonderful time of bonding, relaxing, eating, laughing, and just generally enjoying each others' company.  I look forward to this tradition for many years to come...and hopefully Paige will start joining us once they move back from Brazil!

1 comment:

Melissa Batusic said...

Hmmm. I'm not sure I like you going on another girls' trip...