Sunday, January 18, 2015

The newest Dennison

I really didn't want to be induced, but with Dave being gone during the week, and only in Fort Worth on the weekends, we just thought it would be best to induce so that we could ensure that Dave was there for the birth of our 4th and last baby. Besides the fact that it would be really sad if Dave missed the birth of one of our children, this one was particularly exciting because we didn't know the gender.  Of course, I assumed it was going to be a boy.  I mean, history has shown that we produce boys. Anyway, we were sure it wouldn't come to an induction, as I was 4cm for nearly 2 weeks! The good news was that my dr figured the induction would be really easy and go super quickly.
So on the morning of November 12, Dave and I headed to the hospital to meet our little one. 

My dr came by around 8:30 to check me (5cm) and break my water. Then they started the pitocin. I didn't have a great experience with getting an epidural when I was in labor with Crew (I mean, I did wait until nearly 10cm to get the epidural).  In fact, I still have pain in my back in the location of the injection.  So, I was planning to do this one drug-free.  Plus, I just wanted to do one labor without the epidural. Dave and my sister were annoyed- they wanted to kick back and play Yahtzee like they did when I was in labor with Hudson.  Anyway, the labor started pretty well. My mom, Tasha, and my cousin Julie got to the hospital around 9:00am.  My mom wore a blue shirt and pink pants, and Tasha wore pink pants for the occasion!


Things were moving along nicely. Around 10:30 the pain was getting much stronger- I was having to really breathe and concentrate through each contraction.  I knew it was getting bad when I had to tell everyone to turn off the sounds to their phones.  The text notification sounds that were going off right and left were really starting to get on my nerves. I had been walking around the room, as that was the most comfortable for the pain. The nurse came in about that time, and I asked her when they were going to check me again.  She said that if my dr hadn't come by 11am, she'd check me then.  Well, about 10 minutes later, I felt like I was about to die. I asked her to check me, so she did.  I was 8cm. I stood back up, contractions every 2 minutes or so  Within 5 minutes, I felt like I needed to push, so I had the nurse check me again.  Yep, 10cm and time to push!!! They called my dr, and I told them to tell her to hurry!!!! She was there within 5 minutes (good thing her office is across the street from the hospital! Time to push!

5 minutes later, out came our BABY GIRL!



8lbs 10oz




BEST Dr in the world! I absolutely love Dr Cope, and I was so excited that she delivered all 4 of my babies.  She is such a blessing to our family.

I didn't hold her for awhile, as I was in so much pain from the labor.  Tasha didn't want to hold her before me, but I didn't mind!

After about 30 minutes, I was finally pain-free enough to really enjoy holding my new baby girl!



My mom went and got William and Hudson out of school, so they could meet their baby sister!








It was so special having my cousin Julie there for the birth.



Crew meets his baby sister.


Keira and Emery were ecstatic to meet their baby cousin.  They both wore pink shirts to meet her.






When we checked in to the hospital, the nurse asked us for our 3 goals for the day (which I thought was kinda weird).  #1 and #3 were for sure goals, and as a joke, Dave threw in #2.  After she was born, Tasha added #4, and when Keira arrived, she added #5.  I love this picture!





A family of SIX!

Things are gonna be wild for this sweet little girl....

After the kids got home with my parents and Tasha/Julie, they spent some time praying for their new baby sister/cousin:








The Oliphints have been the 1 family that have come visit us in the hospital for all 4 of the births of our children.  They are one of our very favorite families, and my boys absolutely LOVE these 3 girls.



Callie is one of favorite babysitters, and this was her first newborn baby to hold.  I'm so happy she was able to come see her.



Because I was convinced we were having a boy, we did not have a girl name picked out.  We had a few that we had talked about, but none of them seemed to fit.  So, we got our thinking caps on, along with multiple members of my family, and got to thinking.  We thought it would be fun to find a name that meant "surprise" -- since everyone was pretty surprised that it was a girl.  None of them really hit me as "the one" until my cousin Lauren suggested Halle (pronounced Hallie), which means "unexpected gift." Dave and I both loved it, and we thought it fit well with the middle name "Kate" which was my maternal grandmother's name.  So, it was decided.

Introducing Halle Kate Dennison


2 nights in the hospital, and we were headed home!





Now the real fun would begin!!!

2 comments:

Melissa Batusic said...

So precious! Makes me (almost) want another one!

Christine said...

What a great post of the day! She has grown a lot since then, looking back on this. I'm impressed you have time for this.