Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Things are happening

Things have been busy around here lately! It always seems that with Spring comes busy busy busy. We like it that way, but it definitely makes me excited for the dog-days of summer!

The biggest news?

Yep, we are crazy and pregnant with #4. The first pic was our first sonogram, which I think is probably the best sonogram at this stage of any of our kids. The second was a week later, just to be sure things were moving along. Again, I think it's a great picture!

We're doing things differently this go-around.  With William, Hudson, and Crew we wanted to (and did) find out the gender as soon as was humanly possible.  And most people know that when I was pregnant with Crew, I was desperate for a girl.  So with him, I wanted to know so that I could wrap my head around the fact that I was going to have another boy. And I'm glad we did because I really needed that time to change my perspective.  My heart has changed (only by the grace of God), and I do not find myself longing for a girl anymore.  The same cannot be said for all of the males in my house, unfortunately! In spite of that, we have decided that we are going to keep the gender a surprise until delivery. I'm a little nervous about that 20wk ultrasound, but I figure if I put it out there for the whole world, I have to stick to my guns.  Right? On top of the fact that I'll be happy with another boy (and who are we kidding? Of course it's going to be a boy!), this is our last baby, and we thought it would be fun to have 1 pregnancy that we experience without finding out the gender. So, here is goes!

2 comments:

Sara said...

So great! I think that's a super idea and will be so wonderful to find out when he/she is here! So happy for you, Meagan!!

Melissa Batusic said...

So excited!!!! You and Ash are gonna be buckets of fun in Canada :)